Press Event of #hmstudioaw16 #pfw16
Friday, 04 March 2016
As you read on my previous post, I got dazzled from the HMstudioaw16 show and I was looking forward for the press event the next day to see the clothes again and closer and even try my favorite pieces!
Ann-Sofie Johansson says:
“There is a new femininity in this H&M Studio collection. It’s about female strength and power, with a fresh look at folklore and romance. It’s very elevated, and also very real,”
What I like the most at this collection? That it combines all the major trends together!
To be more specific about the H&M Studio for AW16 is an elevated collection of individual pieces rich in detail, from the precision of cut to the embroideries that appear throughout. Tailoring has oversized shoulders and a fitted waist, an hourglass shape which contrasts with Swedish folkloric influences in both silhouette and embellishment. Meanwhile, long-sleeve draped dresses bring glamour and softness.
What I like the most? That it combines all of my favorite trends together!
- Powerful tailoring creates an hourglass silhouette from an oversized shoulder and fitted waist in both coats and jackets.
- Swedish folklore inspires silhouettes, prints and embellishments, such as folkloric blouses, or a long sheer dress printed with the Swedish lynx.
- Coats play with shape, from oversized utility styles that wrap the body, to double-breasted wool coats with a rounded short sleeve.
- Crisp white shirts are a wardrobe essential, especially with exaggerated sleeves, while lace brings femininity with layering slips.
- Pants are cut high and fall wide, pooling at the feet.
- A contrast of materials reveals the complexity of character, from shearling coats to velvet tailoring and sheer printed silks.
- Long-sleeved dresses follow the line of the body to the floor, like the blue velvet wrap dress with a pinstripe of silver lurex.
- Silver chain embellishments bring attitude to night, both creating embroidered patterns as well as being left loose for fringing.
So, what else should we have asked for?
The collection will be available at selective stores at the 9th of September, until then? Patienceeeee girls!!!!!
photography by BILL PATRICK